Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Close Call

December 14th 2071, Monday

I forgot: after John had been in such bad shape last time, I went back to see him and to give him some stuff that would make surviving the winter easier for him.

He looked even worse this time, but from a distance, I couldn't really tell what exactly was wrong. I had to get close to be even reasonably sure what to treat him for. None of us were very happy with that idea and I'm not in a hurry to do that again. It was a close call, John almost lost it and only just kept himself from attacking me. I prefer not to think about my chances against him.

He suffers from pneumonia. I gave him antibiotics, but to be honest I have no idea if they will actually work for him. We'll know more in a few days. If they don't work, I'm afraid I will need to come up with something and that won't be possible without examining him again. It might be possible to put him under with a couple of tranq patches, but who knows if he'll agree to that. It's a lot to ask from him and I hope I won't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment