Tuesday, February 28, 2012

After the Storm (private)

There are some things I'm not going to write about for everyone to read. Here's one of them:
While I was being beaten by the cops, I didn't lose consciousness as much as I stepped out of my body. It was a freaking near death experience, complete with white light.

I found myself standing next to the cops and I felt pity for the poor guy they were busy beating, but it was all a bit distant. Maybe I was just distracted by the fact that Mr Snautz, Rivet's Great Dane, who had been shot during the raid, was talking to me. Rip was also there and he wanted me to come with him, he said he had found a way out (through a window under one of the containers that glowed with a bright light).

I was somewhere between taking it all seriously and "you've got to be kidding me". I mean, I never bought into all that spirit stuff even as a kid and now here I was, talking to a dead dog. In any case, Mr Snautz asked me whether I really wanted to go back. I did - following Rip may have been the easy way out, but I wasn't willing to leave my friends and the people who depend on me. God (or whoever) knows I've been thinking about just leaving the Rat's Nest often enough, but if there ever was a time for making a graceful exit, it's long gone now.

So back I went. I have no idea what triggered all that, maybe really just a blow to the head. My whole body hurts when I move, but I'm not all that badly injured, nothing life-threatening in any case. Maybe it was just a way for my subconscious to kick my butt, to get me to acknowledge that I had a lot more responsibilities than just myself. If that was the case, it worked, thank you very much. Next time, how about something a bit more subtle?

No comments:

Post a Comment